Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lily is 3 months!

We switched to the kitty cat for Lily.


Lily turned three months last Friday. She continues to be a very good baby. I am not sure how much she weighs, as she does not have an appt this month, but according to my scale, she is between 10.5 and 11lbs. She continues to be a little on the small side and was in the 20% in weight (9lbs 7 oz) and 50% for height (22.5 inc) at her 2 month appt. Cecilia was 10.1 lbs at that age and was born 3 weeks earlier and weighed 9 ounces less! Lily is wearing 0-3 M clothes, which many are still a little big, and she wears size 1 diapers. I keep waiting for a big growth spurt and often think she has, but then the scale says otherwise. I worry about it a little bit (bc you know me, I always have to have something to worry about!), but she is gaining, her percentiles have gone up, and the docs are happy with her growth, so for now I just try to enjoy her small stature bc I want her to stay little forever! I was a petite baby too, so maybe it just runs in the family.

She smiles quite a bit, and as my mom says, "greets people with smiles." She loves when her daddy comes home and gives him lots of smiles whenever he talks to her. She is still pretty into mommy though, and it is often hard for people to get her attention away from me. I will be holding her and busy doing other things and look down, and she'll just be looking up at me in awe - it really makes you slow down and enjoy those special times.

She eats every 3-3.5 hours during the day (still no bottle), and usually sleeps 10-12 hours at night, waking up once to eat. Her typical routine is nursing about 8 (which has been getting earlier and earlier), getting into bed between 8:30 and 9. Then waking up between 4 and 5 to eat, and then again between 7 and 9, and is up for the day from there. She is also a "talker." She loves to coo and carry on conversations with people; she has really gotten into this over the last couple weeks. She is also very strong, which I know people seem to say about all babies, but she really seems to be. When she was less than a day old, she would lift her head up off your should to look around, and she has just built on that. She has been rolling over (belly to back) for about 6 weeks now. I thought it was a fluke at first, but she keeps doing it! It is hard to get her to do tummy time bc she'll just roll over! She has also been bearing weight on her legs for quite a while. She will stand on your legs with not much more than help for balance, and the other night we discovered she can sit up pretty well too with just assistance for balance!

I have already seen some of the many benefits to having an older child. Lily loves to watch Cecilia run around and play. I sometimes feel bad for putting Lily in her swing or on her activity mat while I get some things done, but then I feel better because Cecilia is usually right there to either talk to her or run around in front of her for entertainment! I just have to be careful that Cecilia does not pick her up, which happened once a while back! Cecilia is definitely a little mother!

As soon as Lily gets unswaddled, her arms usually pop
up to stretch; it is so cute!


With daddy at my parents'


One of her favorite spots to sleep, on her boppy.
(she really likes to be all snuggled up!)

No comments: