Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Weight loss update #5

Well, as I suspected one of those pounds did sneak back on! However, the good news to report is I am back on my Couch to 5K program! My knees are well healed - been healed for quite some time, just hadn't gotten back on it yet! I was nervous to start again for fear my knees would start hurting again, so I debated on what to do....run and risk it, just walk, join a gym to do an elliptical, etc... We were at a neighborhood cookout over the weekend and started talking with a girl I had met a few times. Well, long story short, we are now workout buddies!!! We are both really excited, as we have both been wanting to "do more" and would like someone to do it with! We have gone twice already this week, and it is so nice being right down the street from each other - we just meet at the corner! We have alot in common too, and with not knowing each other very well, we have alot to talk about and keep our minds busy while we are running. Oh! And before we started, I forked out the extra bit of money and went and got "fitted" for the right pair of shoes at a running store in case that was the issue with my knees. I ordered my last pair online, and they never really fit right - okay for walking around, but not running. So hopefully, I am on my way to being a runner!

No comments: