Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Lily's Birthday Party!

The birthday girl waking up happy as can be!

Against my best effort, Lily turned one a couple days ago!:( I was going to try to just skip it all and pretend it was not happening, but I already had sent out the invitations to the party.;) I am sad my baby is one (and walking might I add) - especially since she is most likely our last. When you have been looking forward to being a mom and having a baby your whole life, it is hard to think that stage is now officially over. At the same time, I love watching my girls grow and develop and seeing what each new stage brings. I am also feeling extremely grateful and blessed that I have two wonderful, and most importantly healthy little girls! That is what I focus on when I am feeling sad that my babies are gone!

So anyway, on to her party....I decided to have it at the Harbor House. I made a vow to myself when I was pregnant that I would do my best to make sure she had her own separate birthday, away from Christmas. I know it will not always happen, and I am okay with that, but I will do my best. So since the Harbor House is not decorated for Christmas, I thought it would be the perfect place (and just wait, I have a great plan already for the next several years!). I also already had a bunch of white and blue snowflake dishes, so it was perfect for that to be the theme as well! It was a wonderful party full of wonderful friends and family. Lily started the party a little unsure and clingy, but it did not take long for her to warm up and really enjoy herself the whole time. She had a ball! It was a great day!

(I will do her official 12 Month post after her appt the end of Dec)

Dressed and ready for the party!


The cake!
I must say it was probably the best tasting cake and icing
I have ever made! It was white cake mix with a box of vanilla pudding
in it, and homemade cream cheese icing. mmmmmm!


Daddy trying to protect the candle from the draft of the fan.


Happy birthday to Lily!


"Am I really getting that cupcake?"


"hmmm, how do I go about this?"


"I'll just grab it like this."


"daddy, can I really have it?"


"okay then!"


"yum!"
She ate the whole thing!


With mommy and daddy covered in cupcake!
She actually wasn't too messy!



Crawling into one of the gift bags.


Uncle Lucky rescuing her from getting into someone's purse!


Cecilia playing with her grandma!


Lily and Ryan both eager to push the button
on the new baby Cecilia picked out for Lily.


With my mom and dad, receiving the traditional
"first birthday" rocking chair.


Playing with her "real" boa Christian's mom got her!


The birthday girl with Christian's sister and mom.


Quick snuggles with daddy.


Mommy and daddy with their big one year old!


With her great-grandma, Grammy!


Enjoying her rocking chair

No comments: