Monday, December 5, 2011

Sticker Mania!!!

I would imagine most moms of young kids can relate to this post. There is just something about stickers and little kids! We have a box of stickers, and Cecilia will often sit at the kitchen table or stand at the coffee table and put them on paper, coloring books, a sticker album, etc... Sometimes she gets a little crazy and likes to put them on her clothes, my clothes, Lily (which she can't do anymore bc Lily will eat them!), Mazie, the walls, furniture, etc..., but for the most part, she usually keeps them where they are supposed to be. Yesterday afternoon, we finished putting all of our Christmas decorations out, and Cecilia was all into it! While I was cooking dinner, she had gotten some stickers out in the living room (where Christian was "watching" her), and then she came in the kitchen to "decorate" with them, and she started putting them on everthing. I quickly stopped her and explained we should only put stickers on paper. I said it loudly, so Christian would be aware to "watch" her a little closer, and I sent her back in the living room. The next thing I hear is Christian telling her that they need to go around and take all of the stickers off the walls, and then Christian calls me in to see some of her decorations! I was so impressed that I had to take a picture and decided to even leave the artwork on the wall as her "contribution" to our decorations (bc that is really what she thought she was doing - how sweet!).

These stickers are tiny (like the size of the end of an eraser).
And they are all separate, so she had to basically "dress"
the snowmen - that takes some serious fine motor skills!;)
They are on the wall right by the Christmas
tree and decorated mantle.


Since she was no longer "allowed" to put them on the walls,
she decided to decorate herself!

No comments: