Happy St. Nicholas Day! We started a new tradition this year of celebrating St. Nicholas Day with the kids - it only took us 4 years! Both Christian and I grew up with the tradition, and I am glad we finally got our act together this year to actually do it! My cousin Beth gave me the idea a few years back to give the kids Christmas jammies on St. Nick day - it kills two birds with one stone! You know me and my Christmas jammy addiction, so I would be buying them a pair anyway, and this way it counts as a gift too!;) However, the tradition is to fill their shoes up with candy or other treats. So we were talking about it the other night, and Christian told me they used to get little bags of chocolate coins in their shoes, so I went out the next day and found some for the girls. He was sooooooo excited - yes, I said "he!" Then, yesterday I was doing some research on the holiday, trying to figure out how to tell Cecilia about it, and found out that for some the tradition is to get actual coins "reminiscent of the the life-saving doweries the saint provided." Perfect! Cecilia was relatively excited about it last night, but she wanted to know exactly what he was bringing, and then specifically asked for M&M's (more on that in a bit). I also let her pick out the shoe she wanted to leave out, and she chose her "costume" shoes, which are her black patent leather ones she wore as Snow White. This morning, I had to wake her up to get ready for school, which does not usually result in a good mood. I woke her up, and then told her that St. Nicholas had been here (she lit up!) and to come out and see when she was ready. I quickly got my camera and sat outside her room to capture the moment.
If you notice, she has on the same jammies from the earlier Christmas post. She has other ones, but these have become the "glow in the dark Halloween jammies" of the Christmas season. She wants to put these back on as soon as they get put back in her drawer from being washed. She even pulled them out of the dirty clothes last week to wear them "one more time" before washing.

Everything set ready to go!
Not sure about coming out
Checking out the gold coins
Realizing they are pretty cool!
Trying one out
Opening her gift
Christmas jammies!
(Lily got the same ones)
No comments:
Post a Comment