Anyway, after dinner the other night Cecilia wanted some yogurt, and I noticed it was going out of date (we buy the big tubs), and I remembered reading on that "play" blog I like about letting babies "paint" with yogurt. So while I was cleaning up from dinner, I put a big blob of it on Lily's tray and let her have at it! She had a blast, and really liked it too! So I bought her some baby yogurt yesterday, and she ate a whole little container for breakfast this morning (via me using a spoon this time)!
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Yogurt anyone?
My plan was to breastfeed both girls until one year. I started weaning Cecilia a little after her first birthday, and she was completely weaned by 13 months - no problems! Lily on the other hand has never taken a bottle, and will not drink breast milk out of a sippy either. So I had the idea last week to try whole milk in the sippy, hoping she would take it, and give her a few weeks taking more and more from it, and start the weaning process. She is not having it! She takes a sip, makes a horrible face, opens her mouths and lets it run out (I guess that is better than spitting!), and then either hands the cup back to me or drops it on the floor while looking straight at me. I have tried warming it (not a habit I want to get into, but if it will get her to take it, I'll try it!) and trying it at all different times of the day. Let's just say I consider it success either when 1) she swallows a little bit of it or 2) takes a second sip!;)
Anyway, after dinner the other night Cecilia wanted some yogurt, and I noticed it was going out of date (we buy the big tubs), and I remembered reading on that "play" blog I like about letting babies "paint" with yogurt. So while I was cleaning up from dinner, I put a big blob of it on Lily's tray and let her have at it! She had a blast, and really liked it too! So I bought her some baby yogurt yesterday, and she ate a whole little container for breakfast this morning (via me using a spoon this time)!



Anyway, after dinner the other night Cecilia wanted some yogurt, and I noticed it was going out of date (we buy the big tubs), and I remembered reading on that "play" blog I like about letting babies "paint" with yogurt. So while I was cleaning up from dinner, I put a big blob of it on Lily's tray and let her have at it! She had a blast, and really liked it too! So I bought her some baby yogurt yesterday, and she ate a whole little container for breakfast this morning (via me using a spoon this time)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment