Monday, May 9, 2011
Kind of
I think I have mentioned it before, but Cecilia is a funny kid, as are most at this age. She just cracks me up every day with the things she says and does. Lately, she is really into things being "kind of" like something. She got a round sucker after getting her hair cut. She commented on it being a circle (if I haven't mentioned before, she LOVES shapes). Then later she told me it was "kind of like a square." I guess because they are both shapes. At my parents yesterday, she noticed a statue of St. Francis of Assi, and said he was "kind of like Mary." And this morning while watching cartoons there was a hermit crab, and she said he was "kind of like a lady bug." I guess since they are both small and have "shells" with little legs under them. These are just a few examples of the many things that are "kind of" like something in our lives! I think it comes from when I am trying to explain something to her that she does not know about, I will often compare it to something she does. So I will say, "It is kind of like...., but it is..." Or if she calls something by the wrong name, I will say "It is kind of like that, but it is..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment