December, Lily was born, and Cecilia has been the best big sister you could ask for! At first Cecilia just did not pay Lily much attention, but after a couple weeks, Cecilia came to really really like her! She has NEVER shown any jealousy or anger toward Lily. At the most, she has occasionally asked me to put Lily down to play with her. Cecilia loves playing with Lily and helping in any way she can. If Lily starts fussing, Cecilia will search the house for a pacifier or special toy to "help her feel better." When it was cold, Cecilia would also often find a blanket for Lily and put it on her "to keep her nice and warm." Cecilia is a sweet, sweet girl; I don't think she has a mean/aggressive bone in her body. Her teacher even often comments on what a sweet, good girl she is.
Cecilia got lucky with her pacifier. My initial plan was to take it away by the time she turned one. So around 6 months, we started to try to phase it out. By 8 or 9 months, we were pretty good about just having it for sleep and ended up making the decision to let her keep it for sleep until she was at least 2 (old enough to understand when it got taken away). Well, that was when I was newly pregnant and knowing all the other changes that needed to happen before Lily was born, I was just not up to dealing with it bc I thought it was going to be the fight of our lives!!! So long story semi-short, we took it away in March, and again, no big deal! She asked for it a few times, but that was it!
So the next biggie was potty training!!! Cecilia started showing interest in it when she was about 18 months (last winter), so we got her a potty and just followed her lead. Well, a year later her lead had gotten us no where!!! She could tell you all about pottying and actually "helped" potty train and "coach" Elise through it telling her what to do, where to go, praising her for success, and making sure she got her treats, etc... But then you'd ask Cecilia to go, and she'd very quickly say, "No, I'm dry." So I decided Cecilia's spring break was going to be it! And after some trials and tribulations, we made it! It was actually kind of like a chess game in figuring out how to go about it and beat her! Our problem was she would absolutely not pee in the potty; she would try and try and try, and nothing - and then hold it all day, often only going at nap and bed time!!! I won't go into all the details about how we did it bc that would be VERY long, but I am proud to say after the first time I got her to pee on the potty she has not had an accident since (other than nap or bedtime)!
So Cecilia grew up alot in the last year, and there is really no baby left in her. I am so lucky to have such a sweet, smart, well behaved little lady. She makes me so happy every day!
realizing that pictures were not all about just her anymore!
on their first Christmas together.
She was still in the "I am not too sure
about her" phase.
things to do.
especially when Lily rolls over for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment