Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who did such a great job at making my Mother's Day perfect! We woke up and had a normal morning at home, where I got my Mother's Day present - a necklace with Lily's birthstone! He surprised me with one of Cecilia's on her first Mother's Day, so I had a feeling it was coming!:) In addition to my wedding rings, these are two of my most favorite and treasured gifts. I plan to give them back to the girls in the future like their 18th b-day, wedding day, or something.

We then met my mother-in-law at church and back to our place for lunch and a visit. Cecilia napped, and then we headed to my parents for a steak dinner put on by my dad and Christian. Oh! And while we were waiting for Cecilia and Lily to get up from their naps to go, Christian folded 3 loads of laundry and unloaded the dishwasher while I drank a glass of wine and relaxed!:)

Oh, and here is a cute Cecilia story of the day. Right as we were getting ready to eat dinner, things got a little hectic tending to the kids and trying to have everything ready all at once, so people were rushing around and got a little crazy. Cecilia was sitting at the table and very quietly asked multiple times, "Is it Mother's Day? Is it Mother's Day?" As if it was her way of saying, "Everyone calm down and enjoy the day." Then while we were eating dessert, which was yummy Cheesecake Factory cheesecake my sister brought, somehow we started talking about Cecilia's upcoming birthday and birthday cake. Then she told us we were eating mother cake! She decided that on birthdays you eat birthday cake, so on Mother's Day, you must eat mother cake! My sweet pea!


Cuddles with grandma!


A quick nap time photo op


Yet another holiday where Cecilia does not want to
cooperate for picture time with Lily!


I did not even plan the pink and green!
Could have been so cute!


Lily trying her hardest to sit up!



The best we could get with Bess.


Lily and I with my necklace


Cecilia and I with my necklace on her first Mother's Day!
Can you tell from the angle who took the pic?;)

No comments: