Tuesday, August 2, 2011

7 months!


Lily is 7 months old now (well really 7.5 since I am behind on getting this up - again!). She remains a sweet little girl. I took her on the scale with me yesterday, and she was 14.5 lbs. So she continues the average of about a pound a month. She is still wearing size 2 diapers and mostly 3-6 month clothes. A few of her sleepers are starting to get a little short, but the next size up looks HUGE! So I think we will be in these a bit longer.

As posted previously, she is now mobile mostly with an army crawl, which I think is so cute! I also love to watch her rock back and forth n her hands and knees. Cecilia never did either; the first time she was up on all fours, she was crawling (at 11 months old!). Christian came up with the nickname of "Jaws" the other night bc when she sees something she wants, she stares at it and drags herself toward it in total concentration. It is hilarious!

She is still working on sitting up by herself. What kid is mobile before they can sit? Mine! And my other was completely immobile until 11 months - total opposites! Lily has made alot of progress in the last week and can now sit for several seconds unsupported and will catch herself sometimes when she is about to fall. Most of the pics in her chair with the cat she is sitting with her back away from the chair. I think she will master it in the next week or so.

She is still not a huge fan of baby food; she could really take or leave most of it. My mom said I was like that too - maybe that is why we were both little babies? Sometimes she eats well and finishes a bowl, but alot of times. she is just not real interested. I gave her some "mum mums" the other day (they are like big dissolvable cracker things), and she REALLY likes them. She doesn't have the fine motor skills yet for much other finger food, but I am hoping once she does, she becomes a better eater.

She had been sleeping through the night regularly, but starting last week she has been getting up some again. She has gotten into the habit of getting up about 10-11 to eat and then right back to bed for the night (most of the time). I really don't mind bc I am usually still up, and she has been down just enough time for me to miss her and get some snuggling in before I got to bed!:)

Lily and Cecilia have also been interacting more and more, which I love! Cecilia loves to tickle her, and Lily will just laugh and laugh. She loves to watch Cecilia and gets so excited about any attention Cecilia gives her. However, since Lily is mobile now, she can get to Cecilia's toys, and Cecilia is not always a fan of that, but it isn't too bad......yet!

Playing with Mazie


I love her up on all fours!


After eating


She LOVES to hang out over AC vents!
(look at her hair!)


Outtakes


Here is video of her hanging out by the register.

No comments: