Monday, August 15, 2011

Look closely!

It is very hard to see in this picture, but if you look closely, she has some shredded chicken on her chin. Yes, we have started branching out past baby food. She just is not a huge fan, and I throw alot of it away. It started last week when she was not wanting her peach baby food, so I had the idea to try cut up peaches. She had a hard time picking them up, so I fed her most of them, and she loved them. So since then, just about every meal I have been putting some type of food (usually just fruit so far) on her tray while I try to give her baby food. Most of it ends up on her chest, but she tries, and seems to really like it when she gets it in her mouth. Then a couple nights ago, I was eating my dinner that had shredded chicken in it, and she was watching me like crazy, and I could tell she wanted some. So I put a little bit in her mouth, and she LOVED it! It took her quite a while to "chew" it and get it down, but she kept wanting more and more. I think our days of baby food are slowly coming to an end.....even though they never really started! I am going to keep trying to give it to her, as I have alot made and bought, but I don't think I am going to make/buy anymore unless she starts showing an interest again. However, I did notice she seems more open to eating the baby food in between bites of real food, so I hopefully, I can get what I have down her that way!

And on the subject of "chewing"......we have a tooth! I saw it trying to come through last week, so that along with having her first cold and being constipated made for soem really fun nights! And as of yesterday, you can now feel it! it is her bottom left, and it looks like her bottom right is going to be soon on its way too! I am going to miss my toothless little grin!

No comments: