Monday, August 29, 2011

Cecilia's milestone!

Cecilia has been getting more and more interested in drawing, so I have been trying to find different ways for her to practice. Like many kids, crayons are just not that fun for her. And actually, her interest really started peaking when I started letting her use markers on a regular basis. So I saw this dry erase board at Costco last week for $20 and had to get it for her, and we LOVE it! It is huge and almost takes up the whole coffee table (so it is up and away from Lily - for now;)), it came with all kinds of markers, magnets, eraser, and cleaner. Before we had been using regular size paper and going through many sheets in one drawing session; plus, I like that she is more "free" with this big board and can draw as big as she'd like. An added bonus is that the end of the markers have an "eraser," so she can practice control by going back and erasing what she just drew!

Cecilia mostly scribbles and will draw some "lines," "number 1's," "number 7's," "L's," etc... And sometimes she will kind of draw a picture, but not really. But last week, when we got this out, she drew her first real picture! She told me all about it while she was doing it! She got a little crazy at the end, so it is kind of hard to make out now, but I will try to explain it to you.

Working on her picture!
Again excuse her hair - it was after nap, and I had not
refixed it. She is queen of flyaways!


Her picture!
It is a bird in a nest.
Its beak is at the top right, and you can kind of see its eye
up there too. The two filled in circles in the middle are its
wings, and the lines coming out of the body with colored in
circles are its arms and hands. The two vertical lines in the
middle of the body are its legs. The circle in the middle of
the body is the nest, and the short lines on the left side of
the body are the pine needles. And the colored in circle
above its beak is the egg. Then she started added
some extra little things that I am
not sure what they are!

No comments: