Last week, Lily turned 8 months old. She has been sick off and on this last month (her first time, so I guess I can't complain too much). She has had two colds and a viral throat infection. This all came her first month being REALLY mobile, so I am thinking she is getting her hands on some "not so clean" things. She loves shoes and will go for anyone's on or off of their feet. Lily is pretty pitiful when sick; she is fussy and does not sleep well AT ALL! I have probably lost more sleep this past months than her first month of life!
We went to the doctor this week bc I thought she possibly had an ear infection since she had been up so much at night, but she didn't - it was the throat infection and another cold coming on. She was weighed there, and only weighed 14.6 lbs - fully dressed! Which means she has gained less than a pound in two months! I asked the doc about it bc it dropped it closer to 0%, and he was okay with it (said we'd keep an eye on it) because she has always been little and that most babies drop in percentiles once they start crawling. I also took the opportunity to ask him about her inability to sit unsupported for a long period. He was slightly concerned, checked her tone which was perfect (he held her up by the armpits), and said to really work with her on it over the next two weeks and come back in if she hasn't perfected it. With both agreed, it is mostly likely because she is too busy to sit and practice, but that she also needs to learn how to do it. So the last couple of days, I have really made her sit and stay (giving her toys to keep her occupied), and she is doing really well.
So since she hasn't grown much, we are still in size 2 diapers and 3-9M clothes, depending on the item and fit. Her sleep has been HORRIBLE this month, mostly bc of being sick, but i think we have picked up some bad habits from being sick as well - much more rocking to sleep and wanting to sleep while being held. I don't have the heart to make her cry much when she obviously doesn't feel well.
Lily is now crawling all over the house. I left her in her room for a second to check something on the computer and walked back and could not find her! I looked all over her room (behind the doors and furniture), felt a sense of panic, and then found her in Cecilia's room checking out the toys. And Cecilia is NOT a fan of Lily exploring her room.
Lily is loving finger food; however, most of it still ends up on her chest. Her favorite seems to be chicken! And she has been tolerating her baby food a little more; apples are her favorite right now.
And as I mentioned in an earlier post, she is back in a wanting to be held alot phase, or at the minimum for me to be in the room. Which makes it hard to get anything done! I have started wearing her more around the house, but she is so big now that it is hard to do things with her strapped to the front of me. I think I am going to start trying to put her on my back soon. If I need to work in the kitchen, sometimes I put her in her highchair with some finger food to keep her occupied for a while!:)
3 comments:
Sorry Lily's been sick - I know that's no fun for anyone. I can't believe L's hair looks so much longer than C's. Does it look like it's going to be curly too?
Also, wanted to say I really love my Ergobaby. I haven't tried putting Michael on my back, but it's much easier to use the babyhawk.
Jill - yes, Lily's is much longer than C's was at this age, and it looks like it is going to be fairly straight. When C's was this length, it was curly when wet, and L's is not! You think the Ergo is easier or the babyhawk?
I think the Ergo is easier - you just clip the waist belt on - hold the baby, put your arms through and click the back part. There's no wrapping and twisting or anything.
My only reservation would be that Michael is just getting to where he can see over the sides and you can't fold down the top like you can with the babyhawk, so with Lily being small (I don't know how long she is now) she might not be able to see anything.
Post a Comment