Wednesday, August 17, 2011

This is what happens

.....when you try to do too much with a baby on your hip!Lily is often on my hip. She is definitely a mama's girl these days and continues to prefer to be held alot. When she was a tiny baby, my mom started calling her my "little appendage." I got a brief break a little while ago when she started becoming mobile, but lately if she can't see me, she starts to cry. It is mostly if she sees me leave, so I try to sneak out of the room when she is busy playing. And if I have to like go from the kitchen to the basement or something, I'll duck down behind the couch when I walk by, so she can't see me!:)

It is amazing how you can adapt to do things one handed, but it can be difficult with a "grabby Gert." Yesterday I was opening a yogurt tube/squeezer thing for Cecilia. As I was taking to Cecilia, Lily grabbed it in the middle, making the yogurt burst out, and she immediately had her mouth on it! It was hard to get it away from her without making a huge mess!
This was the end result.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Tonight M2 knocked over a bottle of breastmilk while I was making his rice cereal. Grrrr! With him getting a bottle 2-3 times a week (and usually eats better with fresh not frozen) could make for an interesting morning tomorrow!