Thursday, June 2, 2011

And the help continues

Cecilia continues her desire to "help." She has been a big help lately with Lily. Lily has had a rough couple of days. If she has been awake (which has been most of the day), she has been fussing (and outright crying today). This is very unlike Lily, and it is driving me crazy! It hasn't helped that we had to stop swaddling her over the weekend because she started rolling over onto her belly while in bed and getting stuck (I have a picture to show when I get my camera back). I am ready for my happy baby to come back! So anyway, whenever Lily fusses Cecilia comes to her rescue! Cecilia will get a pacifier out of the drawer, give it to her, find and give her some of her favorite toys, etc... all on her own. It has definitely buys me some time! I am assuming it is her teeth that are bothering her (Cecilia got her first at 6 M). She has been drooling like crazy and chewing anything she can get in her mouth. She has even been pulling out her pacifier to chew on it. All I have to say is something better show up to warrant this behavior!:) I just hope it is not an ear infection.

I had gotten into the habit of trying to do most of my grocery shopping while Cecilia was in school. She is actually pretty good there, but it is just much easier with one less body! So we are figuring out our new routine with all three of us there on a regular basis now. I wear Lily (as usual), but Cecilia likes to sit in the big part of the cart now (or ride in a car if we are at a store with one), which is okay as long as I do not have too many groceries to get. Yesterday we all went, and I put Cecilia to work at the checkout! I had her hand me all of the groceries to scan, which was very nice bc when I am wearing Lily, reaching into the cart over and over again is not fun, especially when she is asleep, which she was. Cecilia loved it, and I enjoyed the help. Then she got out, and got everything out from under the cart. And I even let her scan a few coupons! I can see this becoming a good partnership!;)


Cecilia trying to reach into Lily's crib to give her a pacifier.


Trying to get it in her mouth.


Cecilia showing Lily Mickey to make her happy
while I pack up to get us out the door!


Yesterday was Lily's first day out without her
head support and chewing on her pacifier!


If you are wondering how I have these pics with my camera being at the Upstairs House, remember I have two cameras!;)

2 comments:

Jill said...

You better get that baby under control before this weekend!!!

J/K - I can't wait to see you!

Sarah said...

You are telling me!;)