Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sometimes it Backfires!

So I sat down at the computer this morning all ready to put up several posts from our Memorial Day weekend and went to reach for the camera (which is usually stored at the computer desk), and it was not there. No big deal, I thought, we must have just not unpacked it yet (we were at the Upstairs house Th-Mon). So I went to get it and could not find it in my suitcase or diaper bag (popular places to keep it). Then I remembered it is in the pool bag. And then I remembered the pool bag is still at the Upstairs House!:( My plan this summer has been to keep as much stuff up there as possible to avoid as much packing/unpacking as possible. I knew we'd be back there in two weeks and not need the pool bag here before then, so we left it....just did not realize we left the camera too. And I had so many pictures to share!

I'll do a little recap and add the pictures later! Friday morning my mom, sister, and myself too the kiddos to a nearby park to get some energy out. It was very chilly! Mom even wrapped a blanket around her to keep warm, and Cecilia's hands were freezing by the time we left! Lily took her first turn in a swing; she wasn't too sure about it. She liked it okay on the back part of the swing, but did not seem to like coming forward with the wind in her face. Friday night we drove up to northern KY for my cousin Beth's son's birthday (Chase). He turned 3 and had a train birthday party at a playground complete with train playground equipment and a couple real trains passing by!

Saturday was still too chilly for the pool in the morning, so we hung out around the house, and after nap we went to our friend's the Luckett's annual Memorial Day party. It is always so nice to hang out with friends, and the girls had a good time too!

Sunday and Monday were pool days. The water was pretty cold, but better on Monday. So Sunday we stayed on the steps bc no one wanted to get in any further! Monday, I got in about waist deep, and Cecilia swam all around. It took her a little bit to get used to "water life" again, but after a while announced to the pool, "I love swimming!"

It is going to be a busy few weeks around here. I leave this Saturday morning with Lily for a trip to visit my friends in South Carolina and will not get back until Tuesday night. Then we will leave again Friday for the Upstairs House and have Cecilia's birthday party at the pool there Saturday morning. That Sunday we'll be driving up to Dayton for Alexandra and Elijah's recital, and then Cecilia's actual birthday is Monday. It will be after that before I get the Memorial Day pictures up here!

No comments: