I have made every one of Cecilia's birthday cakes and plan to continue the tradition. My mom always made all of mine, and I love that she did. I am not very good at it though, so hopefully as time goes on (and now with 2 kids) I will get better. It always sounds much easier in my head. My biggest problem is with icing a cut cake because you get crummies all in your icing, and then I get frustrated and impatient, and it all goes down hill from there! I thought I had the fix this year by freezing the cake before icing, but I don't think it froze long enough (even though I followed the intructions) bc I still got crummies everywhere!

Cecilia helping me decorate it the night before.
(we had been at the pool all day,
which is why we are looking a little rough:))

Brendan and Cecilia waiting patiently nearby
while I work on the cake.

Trying to decide what to do!

The finished product!
No comments:
Post a Comment