Lily is half a year old (or she was 9 days ago)! Oh my goodness! I really wish time would slow down! I think last month I had said she had kind of been at a plateau without alot of major developmental changes. Well, apparently she was saving them all for this month! She mastered rolling from back to belly early in the month, whivh is what started it all! Because of that we could no longer swaddle, and we had to buy a breathable bumper. And perfected it so well, that she just rolls all over the place now pretty much making her mobile! Ahhhhh! She is even scooting herself oon her belly when she REALLY wants something out of reach. I am trying hard not to encourage to crawl!:) I am just not ready yet!
She also started solid food. It is hit or miss. She is never great at it; it is either okay, or bad. So far, her favorite seems to be bananas and nanacado (banana and avocado). She just seems kind of clueless on it!:) She rarely opens her mouth, so you have to kind of shove the spoon in, and then pry her mouth open. She also seems like she wants to try to lick the food off of the spoon, as her mouth is often moving alot and sticking her tongue out. We are going on two weeks of food without much progress!
She still seems pretty far from sitting up on her own; she will maybe last a second or so. I think part of the reason is because she is so petite; she just doesn't have much base! And also, because she is a busy body. I will sit her down between my legs, and she will either reach to get on her belly, or she has even climbed up using my arm to stand.
Her 6M appt is this Wed, so I will know her official stats then. I took her on the scale with me yesterday, and she was 13.5 to 14 lbs. 3-6 month clothes fit her perfectly right now. She is wearing size 2 diapers.
We are getting closer to sleeping through the night. She still usually gets up somewhere between 5 and 6:30, and 6:00 is what I use to determine sleeping through the night. I would say about 50% of the time now she makes until then.
She is still a pretty happy baby. She still rarely cries, just fusses when she wants something, which is usually to be held, fed, or put to bed! However, this new found freedom on the floor has meant that she has been content for longer periods, which is very nice!
Lily has hit the age of trying to get her to sit still for these pictures is very hard! Here are some outtakes:
1 comment:
I see that she found her feet! I loved when Haley would play with her feet - so cute!!
Post a Comment