Monday, June 27, 2011

Weight Loss Update #8

Lily's 6M birthday has come and gone, and I am not at my pre-pregnancy weight, but that is okay. I have been pretty scared to get on the scale the last couple weeks because I knew with all the traveling it would not be pretty. So I avoided it until I got on yesterday afternoon to estimate Lily's current weight. I intentionally did it in the afternoon and fully dressed, so the number "would not count." (I usually weigh in the morning with nothing on). I did it holding her first and put a number in my head of what I thought it would be, so once I saw it Ithought to myself "Either Lily has lost weight, which would be bad, or I am not as heavy as I thought!" Fortunately, it was the latter! So I got up enough guts to weigh this morning, and I am down about a lb from my last weigh in a couple weeks ago! I have defifintely splurged here and there, but tried to be better in between, and I have been keeping up with my running pretty well. We are up to running for 25 straight minutes!!! That may not sound like alot to many of you, but I have not ran for that amount of time probably since highschool, maybe even middle! I also heard from someone (not sure how much truth there is to it) that breastfeeding mother's often lose a little bit of weight around the 6M mark bc you do not need to hold onto as much fat to make milk. We'll see!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Yay for running 25 minutes! Keep it up!

Jenna said...

I wish I could run for 25 minutes straight- heck 10 would be nice! Glad all that food I forced down you while you were here didn't make you gain!!!!