Friday, June 17, 2011

We are in trouble!!!

For those of you who don't remember, Cecilia was a very late crawler, which made me worry a little bit, but at the same time was very nice. She didn't really move until she was about 11 months. She could roll both ways at a normal age, but she just didn't do it very often, like once a every few weeks or something. And she NEVER rolled consecutively. Well, Miss Lily started rolled belly to back at less than 2 months, back to belly at 5.5 months, and she does them both all the time! Crib bumpers are now considered dangerous, so I did not have them with either baby. People would ask me all the time if Cecilia ever got stuck in the slats, and I always said no that it wasn't really a problem. Baby #2 comes along, and it is now a problem! I got more of Lily's limbs out of the crib slats last week than I probably did Cecilia's entire time in the crib. Needless to say, I ordered a breathable bumper last week, and it is now in the crib.

The activity "mat" is also getting close to pointless. She is off of it now almost more than she is on it, and she has bumped her head on the wall, molding, and ceramic tile (from the fireplace) rolling/scooting off of it. She has also hit the base of the computer chair and a few of Cecilia's big toys. My prediction was that she'd be crawling by 8 months, but after today, I think it might be sooner!

Lily being mobile is going to add a whole new dimension to our lives. I have been told by many people that 1st borns often love the 2nd borns.....until they can move and get into their stuff! Cecilia has already gotten a little particular with Lily. She will give Lily a toy (or drop it in her car seat while we are driving), and then fuss that Lily has it. Cecilia will also decide that she wants whatever toy Lily has and thinks she can just take it from her. If Cecilia is laying with Lily on the floor playing, and Lily's arms and legs get going, Cecilia will sometimes complain that Lily is "hitting" or "kicking" her. Oh, I can see good times ahead!

I have a video of some scooting, but it won't let me upload. I'll try again soon.


She rolled herself off the mat and got stuck in this spot.

No comments: