Wednesday, June 8, 2011

We're back!!!

Lily and I left Saturday morning for a trip to South Carolina and got back last night. It was her first airplane trip, and she did great! She slept most of the time on the flights and was the hit of the airports and planes! She LOVED all the attention. At one point on our flight home, she had 6 people around us watching/talking to her at the same time, and she just looked from person to person smiling!

Randomly we ran into a friend of ours on our way out if town in Louisville and tried to sit together on the flight, but people were not interested in switching with us. So we met up after the flight, chatted for a minute, and she held Lily while I ran to the bathroom! And on the way home, it turned out that dad and I had a layover in Atlanta at the same time! He carried her through the airport, and boy did it draw some attention! People got such a kick out of a pilot carrying a baby!

SC was great; we did lots of visiting. hanging out, and EATING! We had to hit some of my favorite places (some more than once), which are not really good for you! I don't think I am going to get on the scale this week!

Lily did pretty well on the trip, considering. Her biggest issue was sleep. She had a really hard time falling asleep for naps and bedtime. I think it was a combo of being on the go so much and catching catnaps here and there at various places, and (I did not think about this until the last day) I was drinking more caffeine than usual. However, we got home last night and she went down without much problem and again this morning for nap, so hopefully, we are back to normal! But I have a feeling a real nap schedule is not far away, which will be good and bad. Good that she will be more rested, but bad because that means I will need to try to keep the schedule, which will be hard with a 3 year old and things to do!

Lily is also now officially a rollie pollie! She rolls all the time - belly to back and back to belly. She does not stay where you put her anymore. Several times over the weekend I'd put her down somewhere and look away for leave the room for a minute, and she'd be somewhere else (not far away of course - usually just rolled over and scooted on her belly some).

Most of these were taken with my phone, so the quality is not great.

Lily with Emily in the Atlanta airport.


Lily with my friend Jill's baby, Michael.
He is 2.5 months younger than Lily,
but a couple pounds bigger! (he started out with
a 3 lb advantage though)


With Papa in Atlanta on the way home!


Lily this morning. She started out on her back under that toy.


Another angle.

No comments: